Most friends and family call me Deb. I am Mom to 4 adult children, 3 daughters and a son, Miss Deb to my southern born son-in-law, and Gramma to 10 beautiful grandbabies. I’m also a wife, retired teacher, and daughter/caregiver to my father who suffers from the beginnings of dementia.
omnicef price at walmart I am the oldest of 7 siblings. Between us we have 27 children and (currently) 13 greats. Family is at the center of most everything we do.
I love being gramma! 9 of our babies are 7 and under! Can you say utter chaos when they are around…and we love it that way! Number 10 is a 15 year old bonus granddaughter who we couldn’t live without.
A few more details:
- I married my high school sweetheart. He took me to prom because he knew I’d say yes. Just a date…no big deal. We’ve been married for 41 years.
- I love to read. Historical fiction is a favorite. While I started my teaching career as a special ed teacher (I’ve taught every grade level) I spent the last 5 years as the literacy specialist in a high school and have a special place in my heart for teen fantasy fiction. There are several series I’m still waiting to finish.
- Music runs in my head most of the time. I am known to comment with song lyrics…often outloud.
- I love to quilt but I don’t possess anything I have made.
- I am also a Lularoe Retailer. It gets me out of the house and I love the community.
Blogging is something I’ve thought about doing for a loooong time! But, I am a perfectionist by nature (although you certainly can’t tell!) and that has a tendancy to keep me from starting things. (Can you say procrastinator?) So, I am trying to embrace the motto, “Done is better than perfect.”
I am also a story teller. My kids say I am good at it. (My husband wishes I would use the short version more often than I do.) You can judge for yourself!